Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

And Then We Married!

School is about to start.  The kiddos come back on Monday, and the year starts all over again. Which has made me think a lot more about the summer I just had.

Or just that one, really important part of summer.  The part where I got married. 
It's crazy that it's been a month and a half since the stress finally ended and we celebrated with our friends and family.

The one word I would use to describe my wedding was fun.  Everything we did was to make our day more fun.  We're not traditional people and we wanted our wedding to reflect that.  So here are some pictures to share with how we chose to celebrate our marriage :)

In order to increase the fun, my husband and I decided to have first look photos.  These are photos taken before the ceremony.  We figured that way we could just celebrate with our guests after the ceremony was done.

So here's one of those pictures :)




More fun came from having my favourite person walk me down the aisle, my mom.  She's amazing :)


And then there was the ceremony.  One of the best parts of the day (as it should be!).  This was where my writing background came in handy.  With my officiant, we scripted the ceremony.  It reflected us so well, from our untraditional vows to the story of how we first met.  We spent most of our ceremony just like how we look in that picture--laughing.


And....then there was this.  Yes, that's a camel. Yes, we did ride it (into the reception).  It was quite the sight!  And it got quite the reaction.


I could share a lot more pictures, to be honest there's so many amazing ones thanks to our wonderful photographer.  It was an amazing day and based on the feedback we got, it definitely was fun.

So there's the highlight of my summer.  Likely, the highlight of the next few years of my life.  I hope summer treated everyone else nearly as well as mine did.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats and may God richly bless you so that blessings overflow your lives into the lives of those around you.. may peace and love bloom like flowers all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely couple. Best wishes and may God highly thank you so that delights flood your life into the life of those around you.. may serenity and really like blossom like blossoms all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momento bellissimo!! Buona serata e felice fine settimana a te...ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing and I LOVE the camel! I'm glad to hear you have been so good, my summer was less exciting but still good ;)

    Congrats, I hope you two have a great rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I recently got married, as well :D And rock on with non-traditional ceremonies. We didn't have a camel, though! AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete