Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Writing is Hard!

Writing is hard!

I thought I would try to start my brand new blog with a dramatic, and thought provoking statement.  I ended up with writing is hard.

Well, I'm not lying, at least.  It's good to start with honesty.  Writing is hard.  My students tell me this almost everyday.  This is how I know it's true.  But they're right.  It is hard.  It's hard to sit there and focus and just write.  I struggle with it almost everyday. 

But we haven't even gotten to the hard part yet.

The hard part is still to come.

But I can't wait to tackle it. I can't wait to be at the point where I fight through revisions, to search for that perfect agent--only to get rejected, and to find that publisher--as big or small as they may be.

It's an exciting journey and my life is all about journeys.

And as I sit here with my 60,000 (and counting!) word manuscript I know I'm getting close to getting into the real writing journey.  And hence, the blog.  To share my struggles, and my successes, with whoever might be passing by.

And so, here it is.  My blog.  Enjoy.

Kelly

P.S And just for my students who might be stalking me. I'm afraid you are out of luck here.  This blog will be a lot like the stuff I talk about in class.  If you find that boring, you might want to save yourself now.  If you like the stuff I talk about, keep reading!  You might find the information useful.  See you in class!


1 comment:

  1. You're 100% correct. Writing is so hard sometimes! For me, it's even more difficult to get into the groove, kind of like going to work--getting ready and leaving the house is the hard part, but once you're there you're fine. Writing is like that. I have more problems with starting on something than anything, even if it's the middle of the chapter I've been working on for three days.

    ReplyDelete