Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

30 Things

It's my last year in my 20s!

And I am not freaking out.  I promise.  Well, I mostly promise.  I can't promise how I'll feel next  August.

I'm celebrating my last year in my 20s by making a list.  A list of 30 things to do before I turn 30.  30 reasonable, achievable goals to reach before I reach 30.

This is not because I think life ends at 30.  I just think it's a milestone and I'd like to celebrate it properly. (I can imagine myself doing 40 things for 40 and 50 things for 50, etc).  Plus, it's a great excuse to kick my butt into gear and accomplish some of these goals I've been putting off.

But to accomplish a list, first I need a list. This is what I've come up with so far.

1. Win NaNoWrimMo (or one of the other Wrimos)

2. Get a full request (which means I'd have to start actually querying)

3. Run a half marathon (already signed up)

4....????


Clearly, I need a lot more ideas.  Got one for me?  Leave it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for lists! The YA contemp I'm subbing atm started with my '10 things to do before I graduate' list that me and my friend completed in our last month of yr 13 (senior year).

    Maybe you could have:

    ~ write WAY out of your comfort zone/genre

    ~ enter a writing competition

    ~ Join a club or group doing something you've never tried before

    I can't think of many, but I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete